Video of The Fine Art of Thomas Allen Pauly

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"George Steinbrenner Doesn't Carry Cards"

"George Steinbrenner doesn't carry cards"...When I was just beginning my career in equine art, I had an art exhibit at the Illinois Standardbred Yearling Sale at Sportsman's Park. A gentleman approach my gallery and said he wanted to buy my piece titled "Winter Solstice". "I want it delivered ASAP". I asked him for his business card... "George Steinbrenner doesn't carry cards", I preceded to give him a pen and a pad of paper which he wrote his name and address while mumbling something. I always thought that it would have been so much easier for him to carry business cards.

 

George Steinbrenner passed away yesterday and I will always remember that special moment.

 

To this day, I always carry cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment